How Our Lesson Program Works
LESSON FEES: Beginning May 1, 2018 Recurring auto-pay lessons are $25.00 per 1/2 hour, $45.00 per hour,pay-as-you-go lessons are $30/ per 1/2 hour, $45 per hour.
PAYMENT: Lesson payments are billed the 8th of every month, for the following month and paid via by automatic withdrawal from your credit or debit card. Advance Music requires that a credit card be on file. We will email you a receipt every month after your payment has been processed. Student accounts will be billed for lessons that will occur that month, taking into consideration forthcoming holidays and scheduled teacher vacations. For new students, payment is due upon scheduling.
CANCELLATION PROCEDURE: Cancellations must be made 24 hours or more before the lesson time in order for the student to receive a make-up lesson or credit. In case of a teacher absence, the Lesson Coordinator will make every effort to provide an acceptable make up lesson time. If this is not possible, a lesson credit will be issued. Rescheduling a lesson requires 24 hour notice and is subject to teacher availability. In the unlikely event of a "no-show", where a student does not come to their lesson and has not contacted Advance Music at least 24 hours in advance, the lesson time is charged at the full rate and cannot be made up. To cancel a lesson you must call or email the lesson administrator, Kevin Boyea, not the teacher, 24 hours in advance.
TERMINATION / DEFERMENT OF LESSONS: Should your current teacher or appointment time not be the best option for you, we are happy to schedule you with a different teacher, different instrument, or different day and time that is well-matched and convenient. However, if you must discontinue your lessons, notification of intention to withdraw (or defer lessons) must be made in writing (by mail or by email) to the lesson administrator (and not through a teacher) by the 21st of the month for the following month.
PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITIES: Advance Music encourages their students to perform and showcase what they’re learning in lessons. There are several recitals held throughout the year. Students can also further their musical growth by participating in clinics and workshops with well-known professionals that are hosted at Advance Music. Our lesson administrator and/or teachers will notify students and parents of upcoming recitals and events.
COMMUNICATE: Our teachers develop relationships with their students, so please see them during the lesson time if you have questions about the student’s lessons or their progress. Again, if you have questions regarding the lesson program, please feel free to contact Kevin at the email or phone.
Gina Merlini is our lesson administrator, she does all of the lesson scheduling, and can answer all of your lesson questions. You can reach Gina by clicking here to send her an email or by phone at 863-8652 or 800-660-8652.
ADVANCE MUSIC CANNOT SUPERVISE STUDENTS OUTSIDE THEIR LESSON TIMES: Advance Music is not responsible for students outside lesson times. Parents and/or Guardians are advised not to leave students unattended before or after lessons and to make suitable arrangements for drop off and pick up of students.
Our piano, drum, and guitar studios are equipped with well-maintained, quality gear
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- It is the parents' responsibility to inform the instructor or Advance Music of any known health limitations or special learning needs.
- Our teachers are independent contractors. Please see them during the lesson time if you have questions about your child's lessons or progress. If you have questions regarding the lesson program, please contact the Lesson Coordinator.
- Students should be ready and on-time for their scheduled lessons. Students who arrive late do not receive the benefits of a full lesson.
- Students are required to bring all assigned music, music books, picks, drumsticks, etc., to each lesson.
- Practice! We suggest at least 20 minutes per day of practice.
- Enjoy making music. Stay positive, work hard, and share your talents with friends and family. Above all have fun!
- The parents' attitude and involvement is vital to a child's success in music. It is important that your children practice, without interruption, and attend their lessons on a regular basis. Good habits encourage success, and well placed praise helps them continue.
- While learning to play an instrument, children learn valuable lessons in perseverance, self-discipline and time management. If your child encounters difficulties in learning or practicing, please let your instructor know. Communication is very important, and the instructors want to help their students and parents.
- Encourage your child to participate in the general music classes, choir, band, or orchestra at school. This is a wonderful opportunity to sharpen their musical skills and learn to work musically with others. Expand your child's interest in music by attending quality musical events with your family and listen to recordings at home. Encourage your child to perform often and to make music with others whenever possible. Give them sincere and frequent praise.
Thank you for choosing Advance Music Center for your lesson needs. We truly look forward to working with you!